Why we highly recommend the IMG Outreach plan for Christians serving overseas:
We like IMG Outreach for Short-term missions insurance because it’s:
- One of the MOST POPULAR missionary insurance plans worldwide for short-term workers and general travelers going overseas up to 2 years
- Has coverage rates per-day up to 2 years and is renewable (Means you only pay for the time actually overseas)
- Benefits and help available 24 hours a day. (see below…)
- Great for remote areas, poorer nations, nations with less-developed medical facilities, nations with non world-class medical facilities
- Includes top-rated, excellent medical evacuation/emergency medical transportation, as well as political evacuation
- Good Neighbor Insurance recommends IMG Outreach ***** (five stars out of five) for short-term missions insurance as well as an incredible, affordable general travel insurance plan
Other things you might want to consider About Short-term missions insurance:
- This plan by International Medical Group (IMG- More info on the brochure below) includes at no additional charge:
Emergency medical transportation and evacuation, political evacuation, emergency re-union (family flown to join you if stuck overseas/hospitalized),
war and terrorism, the return of mortal remains (in case of dearth overseas), as well as complete medical insurance protection.
- If overseas ten months, includes two months of coverage in USA in case you come home on furlough or vacation.
- Great plan if you might be considering staying overseas longer. This insurance policy is renewable for up to two years at a time
(i.e. able to extend coverage if you decide to remain overseas for longer without new policy or underwriting).
- 24-hour access in virtually every language to highly qualified ems coordinators re. international treatment. Can recommend a hospital or speak to local doctors regarding treatment, even if you can’t. Can tell you what local doctors are telling them, and help you determine a course of action: Return home, wait for treatment, recommend a doctor and hospital for immediate treatment, and in some cases, evacuate/transport you (along with a medical professional) to a better-qualified facility/hospital in another nation.
- Great for not-for-profit organizations
- Individual volunteers, kids camps,
- Church missions trips and those sent out by churches or on church-based teams
- High school and college students going overseas to serve Christ
- Outreaches, missions building projects
- Parents going overseas to adopt/adoption overseas
- Disaster relief projects and aid and development, prayer walks, vision trips, exploratory trips to new regions
Choose Option 1: Outreach International SM if
For missionaries and Christian workers from the USA serving/traveling outside of the U.S. and Canada.
Choose Option 2: Outreach America SM if
For non-U.S. missionaries and other workers ( non-U.S. citizens) traveling throughout the world, including the U.S. and Canada (except their country of citizenship).