Short Term Mission Trip Insurance for Teams and Mission Groups
We highly recommend the Good Neighbor Insurance Custom Outreach Group Travel Medical Plan
Traveling abroad on a short term mission trip can be an exciting experience. But what would happen if a member of your group became ill or injured while away from home? How would you deal with the language and currency barriers? Who would you call? Imagine trying to call your insurance company at 3:00 a.m. from a foreign country during a medical emergency. Will they be there when you need them the most? Most travelers assume they will be covered by their standard medical plan. The truth is, while traditional plans may offer adequate domestic coverage, they are not designed for international travel. Without even realizing it, you may be putting your health at risk. Your group has enough to worry about when they travel. Don’t let their medical coverage be an uncertainty. International Medical Group (IMG) has developed Outreach Group Travel Medical InsuranceSM to provide you and your group Coverage Without Boundaries so you can spend more time enjoying your international experience, and less time worrying about your international health insurance.
Why we love recommending this plan to all who are taking short term mission trips!
- This short term health insurance for missionaries has great rates for church missions, mission trips for young adults, and even college mission trips. (Rates start at only $0.93 a day!)
- This short term international health insurance includes emergency medical evacuation, emergency reunion, terrorism and political evacuation for most countries (ask if you’re not sure your destination is covered)
- You can include an extreme sports rider if your team may be doing zip lining or something adventurous!
- IMG is especially aware and set up to help missionaries and short-term missions groups
- Offers a complete package of international benefits, available 24 hours a day
- For U.S.-based short-term mission trip teams going overseas, OR international short-term teams traveling outside their home country
- For these reasons and more, Good Neighbor rates IMG Outreach for Short-Term Teams ***** (5 out of five stars) Highly recommended.
Click below to secure your Short Term Mission Trip Insurance Plan today!
More details about this special contracted short term mission trip insurance plan from IMG:
- These low rates/plan is not even advertised or available directly from IMG
- Online enrollment plus confirmation within 24 hours
- Emergency medical coverage up to $5,000,000 (independent of maximum limits for health coverage)
- Your choice of deductibles from $0, $100, or $250
- Mission travel insurance coverage for non-U.S. teams traveling inside the U.S.A. not available (Try our DayTripper plan)
What sports are included?
Outreach Group international health insurance covers injuries incurred during amateur athletic activities which are non-contact and engaged in by the insured person solely for leisure, recreation, entertainment or fitness purposes. Some of these sports and activities include, but are not limited to, motorcycle/motorscooter riding, scuba diving (to 10m), snorkeling, wakeboarding, and water skiing. However, activities not covered include amateur or professional sports or other athletic activity which is organized and/or sanctioned, or which involves regular or scheduled practices, games or competition.
The following hazardous activities are excluded unless the AdventureSports Rider is purchased:
Abseiling, BMX, bobsleigh, bungee jumping, canyoning, caving, hang gliding, heli-skiing, high diving, horseback riding, hot air ballooning, inline skating, jet skiing, jungle zip lining, kayaking, mountain biking, paragliding, parascending, piloting a non-commercial aircraft, rappelling, rock climbing or mountaineering (ropes and guides to 4500m from ground level), scuba diving (to 50m), skydiving, snow boarding, snowmobiling, snow skiing, spelunking, surfing, trekking, whitewater rafting (to Class V), and wildlife safaris.
To be covered under the Adventure Sports Rider, these adventure activities must be engaged in solely for leisure, recreation, or entertainment purposes.
Injury sustained while participating in contact sports of any kind, racing of any kind, BASE jumping, kiteboarding, mountaineering or climbing or trekking 4500 meters above ground level or without proper ropes or guides; luge, motocross, Moto-X, rodeo activity, ski jumping, whitewater rafting exceeding Class V difficulty, scuba below 50 meters; and/or adventure sports not expressly covered hereunder are excluded regardless of which rider is selected.
If you are interested in short term mission trip insurance and have questions concerning any of the above mentioned sports activities, please give us a call at 480-813-9100 or toll free 866-636-9100. We’ll be happy to help you!