Here is some useful information about the missionary organizations that serve as our partners in mission:
Brigada – Edited by Doug Lucas, since January 25th, 1995, the weekly Brigada Today web journal has offered resources, mission trends, motivation, strategy tips, tools & “hacks” to Great Commission Christians. What’s more, it is searchable and allows comments so that fellow believers can share, give input, talk about their own experiences and more. We HIGHLY RECOMMEND subscribing to their weekly emails at http://www.brigada.org/.
Brigada is an excellent place to get missionary news and missionary resources curated and recommended by other missionaries and mission leaders. It is a reliable source of information and help to missionaries all over the world.
- You an also submit an item here (but go online and look at the other posts and format before submitting): http://www.brigada.org/submit-an-item.
- Note that it is not for “sales” or to request/raise support.
- More guidelines on their submission form.
GodReports.com – One of our partners in mission, God Reports, shares prayer requests and stories from around the world, about what God is doing. Play a part through prayer. Search by country, region or by clicking on the map. See top stories fast. Share your own mission stories and testimonies FREE — in either written or video form. Expand your support, so more people are praying, giving and volunteering to help your mission.
Missio Nexus – Focuses on mission agencies working together: Shared learning, collaborative action and increased effectiveness in global mission. https://missionexus.org/
Membership in Missio Nexus for individuals, churches, mission agencies, educational institutions and corporations include access to ongoing training, webinars, conferences as well as support and services to help you succeed in missions.
- North American Mission Leaders Conference 2019, September 19 – September 21, 2019 • Orlando, Florida. Click here to sign up for more information.
TRAIN International – Excellent, affordable pre-field training, cross-cultural and language acquisition training, as well as re-entry/debriefing sessions to help faith-based organizations and mission agencies prepare their missionaries and workers before going overseas.
- ACQUIRE is their two-week intensive language acquisition program
- ABIDE is TRAIN International’s five-day debriefing/renewal/re-entry seminar
- ACCESS assists and coaches churches to effectively send and sustain their members and teams overseas on the field
- ORIENT is a two-week pre-departure training aimed at equipping people headed overseas with skills to help them navigate the transition, stress, culture shock, and relationships so they can be more prepared and stay effective in whatever surroundings they find themselves.
See 2019 Missionary Training dates here: https://mailchi.mp/3a87c8e8af6f/2019-upcoming-trainings-2945045?e=fe88ecac96
MinistryTravel – We know there are a number of travel agencies that serve the needs of ministry travel. However, only a handful have been entrusted by most of the major airlines with their own missionary contracts. Our partners in mission, MinistryTravel.com, is one of those. When you deal with MinistryTravel.com, what are the real benefits?
1) Consistently lower fares
2) More flexible rules regarding advance purchase, deposits, cancellation penalties, even baggage fee waivers! and more…
3) Access to an average of more than ten years of domestic and international air experience.
4) The security of dealing with a company who has been exemplifying stellar service for more than 25 years.
If you travel for religious and missionary purposes, there are a lot of options but few good options. Thousands of missionary organizations, churches and individuals have chosen to rely on Ministry Travel for all their travel needs, and we are happy to call them our partners and recommend them to you. Call them at 877-541-5726 and tell them Good Neighbor referred you!