We recommend this policy for missionaries currently resident outside the U.S. visiting the U.S. and needing a policy to cover them for up to 6 months (Need up to 12 months? Click here!)
We like Seven Corners Liaison Continent International Health Insurance for the following reasons:
- An affordable international health insurance plan for missionaries and their families that includes U.S. coverage up to 187 days.
- Most often recommended for those needing short-term U.S. coverage for family reunions, weddings, funeral or holiday visits.
- Underwritten by Lloyds of London
- You choose from six deductibles including $0 deductible
- Includes emergency dental (with at least 1 month coverage), emergency evacuation, loss of luggage, trip interruption (due to loss of a family member back home or major damage to house while away), terrorism,…
- Optional hazardous sports rider for: motorcycle/motor scooter riding (driver or passenger), hang gliding, parachuting, bungee jumping, water skiing, snow skiing, snowmobiling, snowboarding, snorkeling, spelunking.
- Up to 187 days of travel insurance cover
- Best for:
- U.S. citizens traveling outside of the U.S.
- U.S. citizens residing outside the U.S, coming back to visit the U.S for less than 6 months (187 days), and then returning to their residence overseas
- Non-U.S. citizens traveling outside their country of citizenship
- Non-U.S. citizens traveling to the U.S.
- For U.S. citizens to be eligible for coverage in the U.S. on this plan, you must answer the question:
Where would you like your ID card and Certificate of Coverage delivered? with the country where you reside
If you select United States, you will not be eligible for coverage in the U.S.
- Home Country is defined as – The country where a covered person(s) has his/her true, fixed and permanent home and principal establishment
Best for: Travelers while outside of their fixed and permanent residence “home country” for 364 days or less. This plan has multiple co-insurance options. Coverage Period: Up to 187 days
- Backed by:
- Lloyds cover holder for those residing throughout the world minus Australia
- Tramont Insurance Company Limited for those residing in Australia for coverage outside of Australia
- Inside the United States and Canada
- Plan A: After you pay the deductible, the program pays 80% of the 1st $5,000 of eligible expenses, then 100% to the selected Medical Maximum.
- Plan B: After you pay the deductible, the program pays 75% of eligible expenses to the selected Medical Maximum.
- Outside the United States and Canada
- Plan E: After you pay the deductible, the program pays 100% to the selected Medical Maximum.
- Plan F: After you pay the deductible, the program pays 80% of eligible expenses to the selected Medical Maximum.
- Virtual ID cards available immediately after purchase
- Medical insurance options, medical evacuation cover, and many other travel insurance benefits
- Pre-existing Conditions:
- U.S. citizens traveling outside the U.S. sudden and unexpected recurrence of pre-existing condition is covered up to Limit
- Non-U.S. under age 70 traveling to U.S. –Accute onset, covered at $50,000, $100,000, $125,000 or $150,000 depending on limit selected.
- No coverage for maintenance of pre-existing conditions
- No coverage for pre-existing conditions for U.S. citizens and non-U.S. citizens over the age of 70 traveling in the U.S.