We recommend GMMI long-term missionary medical insurance for missionaries looking for good levels of coverage at a good price – good bang for the buck. This health insurance plan is also great for career missionaries not needing maternity coverage, those wanting an online claims system, and those wanting an company experience in dealing with medical emergencies worldwide with no country exclusions.
Why we recommend the GMMI Gold Plan for those looking for long-term missionary medical insurance:
- IMG created this long-term missionary medical insurance plan specifically for missionaries/missionary families and non-profit charitable workers.
- This plan is the most flexible when renewing, even if in the U.S. or on missionary furlough.
- Allows up to 6 months per policy year in the U.S., if overseas residence is kept.
- IMG handles their own medical missionary evacuation in-house with doctors and nurses on staff to assist.
- Choose from four different options to fit your budget/missionary support-raising/specific agency or country needs.
Other points to consider:
- All these long-term missionary medical insurance plans include medical evacuation.
- Your deductible is reduced by 50% for care received outside the U.S.
- In the U.S., your coinsurance is waived when care is received in the PPO.
- Hospital Indemnity of $400 is paid for each day hospitalized outside the U.S. (in additional to reimbursing eligible medical expenses.)
- Medical coverage is available to age 75.
- The adult wellness plan starts after 12 months of coverage (except on the GMMI Bronze and Silver plans).
- All plans include wellness for children, except Bronze, after 12 months.
- Medical concierge service
- Maternity coverage automatically included only on the GMMI Platinum plan:
- Starts after 10 months of continuous coverage
- Choose the “Family Matters Maternity Program” option
- Information and claims can be submitted online
- Riders for Term-life insurance can be added – IMPORTANT since many U.S. domestic life insurance will not pay if living overseas.
IMG LONG-TERM MISSIONARY MEDICAL INSURANCE – Which Plan Option fits you best?
- Bronze – This low-cost option for missionary insurance is designed for the budget conscious workers who need emergency global medical insurance coverage. It has a unique design specifically for areas of the world with low medical costs. If you are looking for highly affordable insurance, this is one of the better medical missionary coverages to have. Note: There is a lifetime limit of $1,000,000.
- Silver – This option is for budget-conscious missionaries and provides affordable medical security and protection. Has a higher $5,000,000 of lifetime coverage, and offers a wide range of scheduled benefits equipped to meet missionaries’ essential needs. Also a good option in countries where you may be eligible for national healthcare, and need supplemental insurance for emergencies, travel outside your country of residence and more.
- Gold – This missionary-friendly plan is suited for those looking for a comprehensive plan specifically designed for missionaries and volunteers who are serving Christ overseas long-term and need long-term medical coverage. All benefits stay the same no matter how long you stay on the policy. Whether you serve overseas for only one year or for many years, switch mission agencies or teams, or even switch country of service. All Gold benefit levels continue for as long as the coverage remains in effect. A great family “starter” plan esp. if you are considering living overseas long-term.
- Platinum – This option provides the highest level of protection for missionaries and workers wanting or needing them. The GMMI Platinum Plan features enhanced services and benefits with $8,000,000 of lifetime coverage including maternity coverage with pre-existing conditions covered as any other illness. For mission executives, team leaders or field directors that want one worry-free plan with comprehensive medical, vision and dental benefits. We also have an Elite Platinum option that offers access to exclusive Global Concierge and Assistance Services and also has a small pet benefit included in it. For maternity, please select the “Family Matters Maternity Plan option.
For more information on any/all of these plans, see our additional FAQs or call (866) 636-9100 toll-free.